2011年4月12日 星期二

Survey Project Reflection

Before I start this survey project, I really think that it is a very easy job. We just need to decide 10 questions and upload to the survey website , later on only waiting for the comment and then that's all. However, it is not the case . This is a difficult job for us actually.

First, Japan had a serious earthquake after we uploading the survey a few day later. It was hashy for us to find people to finish our survey, and it would affect the credibility of our survey. Even though we tried to post the link on many forum ,and all my Japanese friends help a lot ,there were only 16 interviewees.

Secondly, I think the presentation part of our project was not good enough. I want to say thank you to my dear groupmate-reika, she tried her best to improve our project and ppt. However, there were too many workloads at the same time so that we couldn't spend more time to prepare a better job.

After the survey project, I learned a lot from different topics and also form my classmates. Their presentation include so many areas such as marriage, ACG, daily life etc. Listening their presentation I knew much more about the Japanese people and some results were really surprising me. The most surprise part was that the Japaneses' teens thought that nowadays the quanlity of Japanese comics  was declining. Since I was studied in primary school, I started to read the Japanese comics and till now I still think Japanese comics are the best.

Besides, we did the others group surveys during the lesson, when I receive those questionnaires, the result had a big different between the datas we collected form the online.
This showed a clear message, ' Hong Kong people's thinking were not alike the Japaneses' thinking'

Also, their ppt attracted my attention successfully. It was because the ppt had been add different technic and interesting photos. All of them did excellent and really taught me a lesson.

6 則留言:

  1. I think time and number of respondent both are the essential parts for collecting data
    If we can find have longer time and more respondent to do the survey, I think the result will be more similar to our expectation
    As you mentioned, our group also find it difficult to prepare for the presentation because of large workload T_T
    Your presentation is pretty nice! Thanks for sharing =]

    回覆刪除
  2. I wish we had longer period to do the survey too! 16 respondents are really too few...=^=

    回覆刪除
  3. I also think that it is difficult...It is hard to analyze the data actually...

    回覆刪除
  4. "Japan had a serious earthquake after we uploading the survey a few day later. It was hashy for us to find people to finish our survey"Good consideration!

    回覆刪除
  5. I also found that japanese's thankings are out of our expectations. However, it is a good chance for us to understand more about Japan's culture. Anyway, you have done a good job. I like your presentation>V<!!

    回覆刪除
  6. I also think the less respondents is seriously a limitation for all our surveys!!!!

    回覆刪除